After I had my daughter the last thing I literally wanted to do was go to a gym. I had no motivation at first, I mean really who could when a newborn doesn’t sleep at all. Let’s just say she is 10 months old and we are now mastering “sleep” and sometimes we win and some nights fighting sleep wins.
I remember signing up for the gym the same week I got cleared from the doctor. I felt fat, ugly and knew I needed a change. I paid for a trainer twice in my life ad regretted it because it was a lot of money and I saw no results. I knew now paying for double the daycare and double the diapers, it wasn’t in our budget to get a trainer. It was up to me to take accountability and just like Nike “DO IT”! After doing the latest fad diets and trying everything, I finally found the secret. Here is how I won over my body fat!
- Increase your water intake: They say your suppose to drink half your body weight in water! So if your 150lbs, drink 75oz…… Simple right?! Not at all, at least for me. I couldn’t drink one bottle, I have always hated water. The only way I became an avid water drinker is gradually increase water. To be honest sometimes I get sick of water and then I add my favorite Crystal Light! Start small and increase until you can drink half of your water weight!
- Accountability: My accountability was my Fit Bit! It tracked how many steps I had taken a day and I loved to see everything in green. Also on Fit Bit, me and my friends would hold challenges…. This not only made it fun but it also made it feel like I wasn’t alone in the weight loss journey. You can also join Facebook groups. We have a group for Moms inspiring each other. Many times we get so caught up in taking care of our kids or taking care of everything else but we what we need to take care of…. OUR SELVES!
- Set small goals: If someone was to tell me that I would workout 5 days a week, I would have just laughed. This is coming from the lady that hated to workout! Start going to the and set goals to work out 2 days a week and then the next week workout 3 days a week. Start small and end big!
- Invest in yourself: You don’t have to join a gym. If its not in the budget or you just don’t have time workout at home! I have weights that I bought from Walmart and if I can’t make it to the gym I will do arm workouts. You can download apps that will show you what arm workouts to do! Also utilize the stairs in your house, we have stairs and I will lace up my sneakers and run up ad down. The video below is one of my workouts I will do if I can’t make the gym.
- Celebrate: Celebrate the small wins. Celebrate when you drink more than 3 bottles of water. Through this entire process I remember saying, whatever I am so sick of this and it took the fun out of losing weight! Make sure you celebrate the things you are accomplishing no matter how small it may seem.
Join the newsletter
Sign up and receive a 3 day meal plan!