Wow! I cannot believe MAY is here! That means I am closer to having a 2 year old and closer to being another year in my fitness journey. The past couple of months have been crazy! I have took on a lot and had to balance everything and after all was said and done I went and took a vacation! After taking a few seconds to breathe and to reflect I decided to do what was best for my mental state of mind and focus on my goals.
With everything going on I put so much on the back burner. I do have to say I did keep on top of my nutrition for the most part. I say for the most part because I may have had too many Fries and I went back to drinking soda. Not good and not something that I am proud of but it’s a new month and I wont beat myself over what I did.
Have I gained weight?! Yes! Am I happy about it? No! Is it something I can lose?! Of course. I am still fitting in my pants but lets just say I am fitting! I am not ashamed to say this back fat has to go! These rolls have to go and get out of my life forever. So with that being said I have to SLAY MAY! If you know me– well then you know I am a goal person. I am also a paper and pen person and I like to write out every and anything.
- Start 21 Day Fix Challenge group! I have some goals to crush and some back fat that needs to disappear.
- This month I am finally starting a group that has been asked for in HIGH DEMAND and I will make a blog post soon about it!
- Write more. Yes I am back and better! I have so much in this brain of mine that wants to release and break free.
- Preparing my body for the Zumba Convention. I have been told I need to start preparing it like a marathon, so I am not dying of total pain the first day! (Did I note that I am documenting everything)!
- Getting another certification. (Cant tell you, but details are soon)!
I dont know about you but when Monday starts, its exciting because that means a fresh start. I am even more excited because the 1st of the month is on a Monday! What are your goals this month? The question is will you SLAY MAY?
I have two problems. CARBS AND SWEETS! Who is with me here? I know I am not the only person with this problem. Sometimes in the middle of the day I will find myself craving pasta or Chick Fil -A waffle fries with extra ketchup (sorry that’s the foodie coming out of me)!
Although, I am on my journey to becoming a better me doesn’t mean I hold my family hostage of all of the great things in life like carbs. My kids will still have the occasional food coloring dye in their frosting with their cupcakes that we bought at the store or made out of the box. I still give them chips and cookies and all the fine things in life. It’s called balance and of course my husband loves pasta so as the great wife I am I try to find a middle ground by looking at alternative pasta! We are a big fan of Zoodles and whole wheat noodles but we may have hit the jack pot when I decided to buy this!
Disclaimer: If you hate Walmart check on Lensi website to see if they sell this elsewhere because I found this at Walmart!
I must admit I was a little skeptical of how this would taste but like I said before I will try anything once! What sort of won me over was that there are 22 grams of protein. I decided this would be a perfect pasta for Spaghetti and to be honest I love a pasta meal where there are always left overs because I couldn’t imagine life without leftovers.
It does take longer for this to cook than regular pasta but the consistency was just like regular pasta. I didn’t try to throw the pasta on to the cabinet when it was ready, like I usually do! (Please tell me I am not the only one who does this too!) It did not exactly taste just like regular noodles but to be honest the taste was very similar.
It worked perfect with the turkey meat and spaghetti sauce and the kids and hubby approved of it! Not only was it good but the kids asked for seconds so in my book that is what I call a win.
If your looking for something healthier than past, with way more protein, way less carbs and want to trick your kids into eating healthy well this is a way to go. They also have black bean pasta that I want to try once I find a recipe!
Losing weight or getting healthy for me meant Lean Cuisine, counting calories and doing a fad “detox”! Honestly I can’t remember when I ate a lean cuisine.
Don’t get me wrong they are tasty, but there is crap in them and the sodium in one meal is off the charts. Ever since I made a commitment to this new lifestyle September 2015 I knew that I needed to educate myself on portions, food and anything I am putting into my body. I am still learning and know I have changed my eating patterns so much. Instead of snacking on chips, I snack on nuts, veggies or fruit. Yes, if I crave chocolate– I have an amazing chocolate bar protein bar that I live on.
It’s amazing what your body will do if you treat it right with adequate nutrition, sleep and exercise! Are you committed to turning your life around? The goal in life is not to get skinny but to get healthy!
Registration is NOW OPEN for my brand new Summer Body Boot Camp!
You will get all your workouts (you will do from home with no equipment), 30 superfood meal, support, daily accountability, motivation and your own meal plan you need to get the results you need and learn how to keep those results forever and ever! You’ll learn how to NEVER diet again and live a healthy and Happy life!
Learn how to love your body, stop stressing over food and get to the body you crave while still enjoying the things you love! My groups always fill up fast so if you want in email me Ohchicmom@gmail.com!
**Only open to women who live the US and Canada who and are not already a coach or working with one**
What does it mean to be ZEN? According to the Urban Dictionary one way to think of zen is this: a total state of focus that incorporates a total togetherness of body and mind. Zen is a way of being. It also is a state of mind. Zen involves dropping illusion and seeing things without distortion created by your own thoughts.
Do I claim to be a “YOGI”?…. No.
Do I claim to be “ZEN”?…… Hell No.
But Yoga has done so many great things for me physically and spiritually. I am a person that is on 100 all the time. I am a person that when I have nothing to do I am probably going crazy. Yoga has been amazing for me!
What has Yoga done for me?
1. I found my inner “ZEN”. Yoga has helped me realize that I can actually be still and at peace in my life. The time I have felt most relaxed was sitting on my mat and thinking I can physically take on anything that will be thrown my way.
2. Bye Bye Anxiety! I have dealt with anxiety my entire life. Yoga has helped me with my breathing and knowing I can go to a place where everything will be fine.
3. Flexibility. The last time I was flexible was when I was a cheerleader in high school. Who knew I could go back to doing the splits, I mean HELLO!
If you have not done yoga you may want to look into it. Search your local gyms, yoga studios are typically more expensive than gyms but those are always an option!
I had my own struggle with losing weight. To be honest I struggle every day but this time it’s a different struggle. I struggle to maintain my weight, maintain my healthy lifestyle and maintain my progress of not losing weight but toning and getting stronger. Regardless, of what our struggle is we all struggle. I struggle to drink my water everyday, to not pick up that soda and to walk away from the snickers. I have worked so hard to get my body to where it is and it’s so hard when people want the same results but don’t want to work for it.
What I have learned this far in my coaching career is that you can’t make anyone lose weight, or get healthy. You can give them all the tools to be successful and to lose weight but if there is no real motivation well then there will be no real results. As a coach I can just be here for them when they are really ready for change and help.
I work at the gym of course because I am a Zumba instructor but it’s amazing how you see the same people at the gym, over and over! These are the people who keep me motivated, these are the people who has seen change and craves more change! I am learning and will still learn probably each day but I see everyday as a new opportunity.
Do you need a chicken kale salad? If you follow me, well then you know I rant and rave over the Chick Fil A — Kale Salad! After tasting that I never thought I would find something even remotely close that I would love. This chicken kale salad was sent by the goods because not only is it yummy but it is so healthy. I have made this for dinner and this is something that my husband has requested over and over. Tip: This is one of my go to meal prep meals and it last for a three days! It’s not expensive and really easy!
What you will need:
- 1 slice of low sprouted whole grain bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 ground black pepper
- 4 oz. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless (cut into strips)
- 1/4 tsp. ground chili powder
- 1 bunch kale (torn into large pieces) (6 oz)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Dijon Salad Dressing
- 1 Tsp finely chopped lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 450*F
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Combine bread, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; toss until wet blended. Place on prepared
Lemon Dijon Salad Dressing
What you will need:
- 1 large egg yolk, pasteurized
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Finely Chopped Lemon Peel
- 1/4 cup Extra- Virgin Olive Oil
- Place egg yolk, mustard, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a blender or (food processor); cover and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add oil, blending continuously until well blended.
Yoga can be foreign to some people! I mean the first time I tried Yoga (because a friend made me) I was so confused and didn’t feel relaxed at all. Actually I was sweating a lot and it wasn’t because I was doing Hot Yoga.
If you know some that is a true “Yogi” these gifts are probably up their alley!
01. Everyone loves to look cute going to the gym and these cute Women’s Yoga Tank Tops are adorable!
02. Who doesn’t love a cute bag to carry all of your yoga stuff in? This bag fits perfectly for everything from your Yoga Mat to your Yoga blocks.
03. After Yoga, you must clean your mat from all the sweat! This all natural mat cleaner is the solution to all that nastiness that gets on the mat. It has a great minty smell which is a plus!!
04. For those of you that think yoga is just stretching with a mat you are WRONG. Yoga is about meditating through stretching and sometimes those stretches you use Yoga wedges and straps. Take it from someone that does yoga now. You can never have too many wedges!!
05. Maybe this person is not a Yogi yet but has expressed interest in Yoga. The perfect gift would be a few sessions at a local yoga studio and an entire Yoga for beginners kit! You can thank me later!
Yoga has really changed my life with my anxiety and stress. You can thank me later for all of these great gift ideas!
Staying on track is extremely hard and it takes dedication to avoid those cookie, pies and holiday potlucks at your job. Is it possible? Yes! I did it last year! If you have a goal in sight there is no stopping you no matter what holiday it is. You can still lose that weight that you want. I missed out on my Starbucks holiday drinks, didn’t have pie and avoiding two potlucks at my job.
This year is a little different because I have exceeded my goal and I now have to tools to get me through the holidays without any guilt.
- EAT SWEET TREATS- In moderation, It’s all about moderation! It is ok to splurge and I like to splurge but I also make sure it is set in my mind that I can’t undo all of my work and progress because it is easy to get put in that mind frame.
- POSITIVE EFFORTS- Make an effort to have at least one consistent healthy meal. Every morning I have my Shakeology drink and I always make sure no matter what I plan on eating for that day or doing that day I know I am getting my Superfoods. Also load up on your veggies, if you have to have that bad food at least load up on your veggies and make your plate colorful!
- TAKE THAT WALK- Keep your work out routine. If you are visiting family and can’t keep up with going to a gym, go for a walk. I love evening walks right after dinner. So take that walk. Burn some calories and make it fun, have the kids or family join you!
Staying on track is hard but you can do it! Always stay focused on your goal that you have set for yourself. This holiday season I am committed to working out everyday with some rest days and continue to transform myself.
Can you believe it’s that time of year again?!
Hobby Lobby and Target is taken over by Christmas Trees and Santa Claus! I love this time of the year but if your like me well you probably hate when your spouse asks you, what do you want or trying to figure out what to get people.
I like to think of myself as an expert because I have actually asked a few women that take my Zumba class, what is on their list this year! Here is your official gift guide and you can thank me later!!
TOP 6 GIFTS FOR THE FIT MOM
1. Fitbit Charge 2 :is simply amazing! I am in love with my Fitbit but recently I upgraded to one of the newest models! I love everything about it and gifts like this is perfect for the Mom that needs a little motivation to put some pep in her step! I connect this to My Fitness Pal and this is my personal trainer! The best part is, it will yell at you if your not stepping!
2. LIFT Certified Meal Prep Containers: this mama can never have enough meal prep containers. For a fit mom meal prepping is a major part of life! I have used so many different meal prep containers and just like socks I always lose the 1!
3. Fresh Fusions Fruit Infuser Bottle : As I write this I am struggling to drink this bottle of water! Some days I can drink all of my water with no problem and some days I need some mint or strawberries to make my water taste like juice! This
not only comes with a recipe book but also you can use this bottle for a protein shake.
4. Taylor Bluetooth Smart Body Fat Scale with Fitness App: I love my scale. I think this scale is not only amazing but I don’t have to remember what I weighed in 8 months ago because it also connects right with My Fitness Pal App. Not only is weight important but so is the percentage of body fat.
5. Aozora Combo Yoga Mat: This mat is perfect for anyone that loves yoga and especially hot yoga or pilates. Not only is this non slip but after a sweaty class I threw it right in the washer machine!
6.Vooray Roadie 16″ Small Gym Bag: This bag is perfect to throw in my car and to put in my gym locker. Not only is this bag cute but it’s practical!
These gifts are not only perfect for the fit mom but from someone who works in this line of work all of these products you will not go wrong!!!
Tis the season to gain weight and be Merry! It’s that time of the year when you gain a bunch of weight because all of the goodies. I am in Marketing/ Sales for my day job which means my schedule will soon get filled with lots of Holiday parties. Reps from other companies will stop by with yummy treats and like always I will have to make a healthy conscious decision on what I want to do. I will prove that I can lose weight during the holidays.
I have recently taken my measurements and stepped on the scale and I gained 10lbs. I am definitely disappointed in myself, but I know what I will have to do to get back on track. I came this far and know I have the tools I need to lose those stupid 10lbs. I kind of knew I gained weight when those pants became a little tight LOL! I have picked up some not so healthy habits and I am proud to say I am at it again.
Today I started a new 30 day fitness program CORE DE FORCE and I am so excited to see the result. I am taking out my Holiday stress on a new workout. I wanted to start this program because this is not only a MMA inspired workout but I recently discover I still have no ab muscles from having my daughter. This plan comes with a meal plan, a 30 day calendar on which workouts to do and when. I hope to share my journey and experience here with you. I have always been a girl who loves to go to the gym so this will be a different experience doing the workouts from home.
My goal is 2 things——— 1. Inspire someone anyone to make the change to become healthier and 2. Push myself.
I will share my meals, my struggles, my wins, and I will be completely honest here. I am even pushing myself to do a lot more Vlogs! I literally hate the way I sound so this will be interesting and the irony is I had my own radio station and I received my undergrad degree in Broadcasting!
If you want to find out more, email me at email@example.com