After working with clients for months and months I finally found out what my clients number 1 problem is. Nutrition! It’s not just my clients but this has been a big problem in general when it comes to someone losing weight. The first thing I would tell them is to cut all sugars and to get on top of their water intake.
I have something new that I want to share with all of my clients old and new. This program will only be offered from NOW until the end of SEPTEMBER!
No this is not a trick! If you order Shakeology on HD with me your will receive a personalized meal plan, 10 recipes delivered to your email every Monday for the next year and 2 personalized at home workouts! Don’t forget an online support community!
Wow! I cannot believe MAY is here! That means I am closer to having a 2 year old and closer to being another year in my fitness journey. The past couple of months have been crazy! I have took on a lot and had to balance everything and after all was said and done I went and took a vacation! After taking a few seconds to breathe and to reflect I decided to do what was best for my mental state of mind and focus on my goals.
With everything going on I put so much on the back burner. I do have to say I did keep on top of my nutrition for the most part. I say for the most part because I may have had too many Fries and I went back to drinking soda. Not good and not something that I am proud of but it’s a new month and I wont beat myself over what I did.
Have I gained weight?! Yes! Am I happy about it? No! Is it something I can lose?! Of course. I am still fitting in my pants but lets just say I am fitting! I am not ashamed to say this back fat has to go! These rolls have to go and get out of my life forever. So with that being said I have to SLAY MAY! If you know me– well then you know I am a goal person. I am also a paper and pen person and I like to write out every and anything.
Start 21 Day Fix Challenge group! I have some goals to crush and some back fat that needs to disappear.
This month I am finally starting a group that has been asked for in HIGH DEMAND and I will make a blog post soon about it!
Write more. Yes I am back and better! I have so much in this brain of mine that wants to release and break free.
Preparing my body for the Zumba Convention. I have been told I need to start preparing it like a marathon, so I am not dying of total pain the first day! (Did I note that I am documenting everything)!
Getting another certification. (Cant tell you, but details are soon)!
I dont know about you but when Monday starts, its exciting because that means a fresh start. I am even more excited because the 1st of the month is on a Monday! What are your goals this month? The question is will you SLAY MAY?
What does it mean to be ZEN?According to the Urban Dictionary one way to think of zen is this: a total state of focus that incorporates a total togetherness of body and mind. Zen is a way of being. It also is a state of mind. Zen involves dropping illusion and seeing things without distortion created by your own thoughts.
Do I claim to be a “YOGI”?…. No.
Do I claim to be “ZEN”?…… Hell No.
But Yoga has done so many great things for me physically and spiritually. I am a person that is on 100 all the time. I am a person that when I have nothing to do I am probably going crazy. Yoga has been amazing for me!
What has Yoga done for me?
1. I found my inner “ZEN”. Yoga has helped me realize that I can actually be still and at peace in my life. The time I have felt most relaxed was sitting on my mat and thinking I can physically take on anything that will be thrown my way.
2. Bye Bye Anxiety! I have dealt with anxiety my entire life. Yoga has helped me with my breathing and knowing I can go to a place where everything will be fine.
3. Flexibility. The last time I was flexible was when I was a cheerleader in high school. Who knew I could go back to doing the splits, I mean HELLO!
If you have not done yoga you may want to look into it. Search your local gyms, yoga studios are typically more expensive than gyms but those are always an option!
I had my own struggle with losing weight. To be honest I struggle every day but this time it’s a different struggle. I struggle to maintain my weight, maintain my healthy lifestyle and maintain my progress of not losing weight but toning and getting stronger. Regardless, of what our struggle is we all struggle. I struggle to drink my water everyday, to not pick up that soda and to walk away from the snickers. I have worked so hard to get my body to where it is and it’s so hard when people want the same results but don’t want to work for it.
What I have learned this far in my coaching career is that you can’t make anyone lose weight, or get healthy. You can give them all the tools to be successful and to lose weight but if there is no real motivation well then there will be no real results. As a coach I can just be here for them when they are really ready for change and help.
I work at the gym of course because I am a Zumba instructor but it’s amazing how you see the same people at the gym, over and over! These are the people who keep me motivated, these are the people who has seen change and craves more change! I am learning and will still learn probably each day but I see everyday as a new opportunity.
Yoga can be foreign to some people! I mean the first time I tried Yoga (because a friend made me) I was so confused and didn’t feel relaxed at all. Actually I was sweating a lot and it wasn’t because I was doing Hot Yoga.
If you know some that is a true “Yogi” these gifts are probably up their alley!
02. Who doesn’t love a cute bag to carry all of your yoga stuff in? This bag fits perfectly for everything from your Yoga Mat to your Yoga blocks.
03. After Yoga, you must clean your mat from all the sweat! This all natural mat cleaner is the solution to all that nastiness that gets on the mat. It has a great minty smell which is a plus!!
04. For those of you that think yoga is just stretching with a mat you are WRONG. Yoga is about meditating through stretching and sometimes those stretches you use Yoga wedges and straps. Take it from someone that does yoga now. You can never have too many wedges!!
05. Maybe this person is not a Yogi yet but has expressed interest in Yoga. The perfect gift would be a few sessions at a local yoga studio and an entire Yoga for beginners kit! You can thank me later!
Yoga has really changed my life with my anxiety and stress. You can thank me later for all of these great gift ideas!
Staying on track is extremely hard and it takes dedication to avoid those cookie, pies and holiday potlucks at your job. Is it possible? Yes! I did it last year! If you have a goal in sight there is no stopping you no matter what holiday it is. You can still lose that weight that you want. I missed out on my Starbucks holiday drinks, didn’t have pie and avoiding two potlucks at my job.
This year is a little different because I have exceeded my goal and I now have to tools to get me through the holidays without any guilt.
EAT SWEET TREATS- In moderation, It’s all about moderation! It is ok to splurge and I like to splurge but I also make sure it is set in my mind that I can’t undo all of my work and progress because it is easy to get put in that mind frame.
POSITIVE EFFORTS-Make an effort to have at least one consistent healthy meal. Every morning I have my Shakeology drink and I always make sure no matter what I plan on eating for that day or doing that day I know I am getting my Superfoods. Also load up on your veggies, if you have to have that bad food at least load up on your veggies and make your plate colorful!
TAKE THAT WALK-Keep your work out routine. If you are visiting family and can’t keep up with going to a gym, go for a walk. I love evening walks right after dinner. So take that walk. Burn some calories and make it fun, have the kids or family join you!
Staying on track is hard but you can do it! Always stay focused on your goal that you have set for yourself. This holiday season I am committed to working out everyday with some rest days and continue to transform myself.
Hobby Lobby and Target is taken over by Christmas Trees and Santa Claus! I love this time of the year but if your like me well you probably hate when your spouse asks you, what do you want or trying to figure out what to get people.
I like to think of myself as an expert because I have actually asked a few women that take my Zumba class, what is on their list this year! Here is your official gift guide and you can thank me later!!
TOP 6 GIFTS FOR THE FIT MOM
1. Fitbit Charge 2 :is simply amazing! I am in love with my Fitbit but recently I upgraded to one of the newest models! I love everything about it and gifts like this is perfect for the Mom that needs a little motivation to put some pep in her step! I connect this to My Fitness Pal and this is my personal trainer! The best part is, it will yell at you if your not stepping!
2. LIFT Certified Meal Prep Containers: this mama can never have enough meal prep containers. For a fit mom meal prepping is a major part of life! I have used so many different meal prep containers and just like socks I always lose the 1!
3. Fresh Fusions Fruit Infuser Bottle : As I write this I am struggling to drink this bottle of water! Some days I can drink all of my water with no problem and some days I need some mint or strawberries to make my water taste like juice! This
not only comes with a recipe book but also you can use this bottle for a protein shake.
4. Taylor Bluetooth Smart Body Fat Scale with Fitness App: I love my scale. I think this scale is not only amazing but I don’t have to remember what I weighed in 8 months ago because it also connects right with My Fitness Pal App. Not only is weight important but so is the percentage of body fat.
5. Aozora Combo Yoga Mat: This mat is perfect for anyone that loves yoga and especially hot yoga or pilates. Not only is this non slip but after a sweaty class I threw it right in the washer machine!
Things have gotten a little complicated for me lately. I have gained 5lbs and some inches back in my waist. Well the last time I stepped on the scale thats what it said.
A few weeks ago I took the step to become a BeachBody. Many people may ask why? But my answer is so simple. It’s because I need accountability. I started working at the gym teaching Zumba since September. Now that people are coming to me for their weight loss goal my question is who will hold me accountable. I joined because I need accountability that I wasn’t getting anywhere else. This is something new that I am trying and I want you to keep me accountable while I go through this journey!
I have fallen off the wagon I call it. I no longer eat the way I should have but I am seeing some positives through this entire situation.
No Longer do I beat myself up for the weight I am gaining. I look at each day as a new day and I know I can turn that weight around and lose it—- because I am WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR!
No Longer do I say “I need to go on a diet” because it’s not a diet its a lifestyle.
I am increasing my workouts and decreasing my carbs and junk in take! I will update my journey all the time and I want you to hold me accountable.
Check out my website ——— www.beachbodycoach.com/DENEADURAN
It seems like everyone is detoxing nowadays, from either TV, social media or the stuff they are putting in their body. Halloween is right around the corner and lets just say everyone in my house is required to detox a week after!
Many people buy expensive detoxes from their local vitamin store and can’t even pronounce some of the ingredients put in their “detoxes”. If you look around you there are natural ways you can get rid of the toxins put in your body for almost FREE!
Here are 3 ways to naturally detox your body:
Eat a diet with ripe fruits, green leafy veggies- When you are detoxing your body naturally you always want to increase your intake with fruits and veggies. Not just apples and celery but fruits with nutritional substance. Kale, Spinach, Chards and Bok Choy is always a go to when I am detoxing.
2. Drink lemon water- Evidence has proven by drinking lemon water will increase your metabolism. Also, lemons contain Vitamin C & some potassium, which if your immune system is like mine well anything can help. So don’t feel bad asking for extra lemons on the side to go with your water when you are out at a restaurant.
3. Get adequate amount of sleep- Sleeping puts your body into a repair mode. People that don’t get at least 7 hours of sleep have a high percentage of losing body fat. Sleep and your metabolism is controlled by the same part of the brain. When you are sleepy a certain hormones is triggered and that increases appetite.
So don’t go out and spend your money on an expensive detox, you can now spend your money on that fitness device you wanted! How do you detox your body?