Am I just selling superfoods and workouts?
I sell a service. A package deal. A lifestyle change.
- I educate you
- I support you
- I try to inspire you
- I motivate you
- I share my knowledge
- I know first hand your struggle because I was you.
- I break your bad habits and create new good habits
- I dont sell a product……………………..I COACH
To get more information, participate in my challenge group or more email me at
Losing weight or getting healthy for me meant Lean Cuisine, counting calories and doing a fad “detox”! Honestly I can’t remember when I ate a lean cuisine.
Don’t get me wrong they are tasty, but there is crap in them and the sodium in one meal is off the charts. Ever since I made a commitment to this new lifestyle September 2015 I knew that I needed to educate myself on portions, food and anything I am putting into my body. I am still learning and know I have changed my eating patterns so much. Instead of snacking on chips, I snack on nuts, veggies or fruit. Yes, if I crave chocolate– I have an amazing chocolate bar protein bar that I live on.
It’s amazing what your body will do if you treat it right with adequate nutrition, sleep and exercise! Are you committed to turning your life around? The goal in life is not to get skinny but to get healthy!
Registration is NOW OPEN for my brand new Summer Body Boot Camp!
You will get all your workouts (you will do from home with no equipment), 30 superfood meal, support, daily accountability, motivation and your own meal plan you need to get the results you need and learn how to keep those results forever and ever! You’ll learn how to NEVER diet again and live a healthy and Happy life!
Learn how to love your body, stop stressing over food and get to the body you crave while still enjoying the things you love! My groups always fill up fast so if you want in email me Ohchicmom@gmail.com!
**Only open to women who live the US and Canada who and are not already a coach or working with one**
I had my own struggle with losing weight. To be honest I struggle every day but this time it’s a different struggle. I struggle to maintain my weight, maintain my healthy lifestyle and maintain my progress of not losing weight but toning and getting stronger. Regardless, of what our struggle is we all struggle. I struggle to drink my water everyday, to not pick up that soda and to walk away from the snickers. I have worked so hard to get my body to where it is and it’s so hard when people want the same results but don’t want to work for it.
What I have learned this far in my coaching career is that you can’t make anyone lose weight, or get healthy. You can give them all the tools to be successful and to lose weight but if there is no real motivation well then there will be no real results. As a coach I can just be here for them when they are really ready for change and help.
I work at the gym of course because I am a Zumba instructor but it’s amazing how you see the same people at the gym, over and over! These are the people who keep me motivated, these are the people who has seen change and craves more change! I am learning and will still learn probably each day but I see everyday as a new opportunity.
Staying on track is extremely hard and it takes dedication to avoid those cookie, pies and holiday potlucks at your job. Is it possible? Yes! I did it last year! If you have a goal in sight there is no stopping you no matter what holiday it is. You can still lose that weight that you want. I missed out on my Starbucks holiday drinks, didn’t have pie and avoiding two potlucks at my job.
This year is a little different because I have exceeded my goal and I now have to tools to get me through the holidays without any guilt.
- EAT SWEET TREATS- In moderation, It’s all about moderation! It is ok to splurge and I like to splurge but I also make sure it is set in my mind that I can’t undo all of my work and progress because it is easy to get put in that mind frame.
- POSITIVE EFFORTS- Make an effort to have at least one consistent healthy meal. Every morning I have my Shakeology drink and I always make sure no matter what I plan on eating for that day or doing that day I know I am getting my Superfoods. Also load up on your veggies, if you have to have that bad food at least load up on your veggies and make your plate colorful!
- TAKE THAT WALK- Keep your work out routine. If you are visiting family and can’t keep up with going to a gym, go for a walk. I love evening walks right after dinner. So take that walk. Burn some calories and make it fun, have the kids or family join you!
Staying on track is hard but you can do it! Always stay focused on your goal that you have set for yourself. This holiday season I am committed to working out everyday with some rest days and continue to transform myself.
Tis the season to gain weight and be Merry! It’s that time of the year when you gain a bunch of weight because all of the goodies. I am in Marketing/ Sales for my day job which means my schedule will soon get filled with lots of Holiday parties. Reps from other companies will stop by with yummy treats and like always I will have to make a healthy conscious decision on what I want to do. I will prove that I can lose weight during the holidays.
I have recently taken my measurements and stepped on the scale and I gained 10lbs. I am definitely disappointed in myself, but I know what I will have to do to get back on track. I came this far and know I have the tools I need to lose those stupid 10lbs. I kind of knew I gained weight when those pants became a little tight LOL! I have picked up some not so healthy habits and I am proud to say I am at it again.
Today I started a new 30 day fitness program CORE DE FORCE and I am so excited to see the result. I am taking out my Holiday stress on a new workout. I wanted to start this program because this is not only a MMA inspired workout but I recently discover I still have no ab muscles from having my daughter. This plan comes with a meal plan, a 30 day calendar on which workouts to do and when. I hope to share my journey and experience here with you. I have always been a girl who loves to go to the gym so this will be a different experience doing the workouts from home.
My goal is 2 things——— 1. Inspire someone anyone to make the change to become healthier and 2. Push myself.
I will share my meals, my struggles, my wins, and I will be completely honest here. I am even pushing myself to do a lot more Vlogs! I literally hate the way I sound so this will be interesting and the irony is I had my own radio station and I received my undergrad degree in Broadcasting!
If you want to find out more, email me at email@example.com
It seems as if everyone is tracking their daily steps. Between pedometers, higher end fitness bands like a Fitbit or an UP3 by Jawbone, or even just using your phone to track your movement, there is no excuse to not know how many steps a day you are taking. When you track your steps, you are challenging yourself to live a healthier life each and every day. It is also nice to compare your progress and push yourself to reach new fitness goals.
Here’s how to reach 10,000 Steps a Day:
- Create a challenge for yourself. This can be anything you want that requires walking. Maybe you want to walk to the store instead of driving once a week or walk for thirty minutes every day after dinner. Walking 10,000 steps daily will help keep you active during the times when it is hardest. Start slowly so that you can achieve this step milestone in time. When I first started using my FitBit, I was surprised to see only 2,000 a day when I worked at an indoor office job. I slowly made sure to get to 5,000 each day before it was a breeze to get to 10,000.
- Make a specific goal. Keep track of what you normally walk in a day so that you can have an average step count. Next, you will want to make a goal to increase your steps by a certain percentage. For example, let’s say that you walk 3,600 steps a day right now. You will want to increase that amount by at least 10% for a week. Check your progress and then repeat! You will soon reach 10,000 steps a day.
When you record your steps daily, it will be easier to see how you have been doing. Some days it will be easy to reach your goal, but other days may be a struggle. Don’t give up!
- Track your moods. Do you feel motivated? Are you having issues reaching your goal? What is holding you back? At first you may not feel like walking 10,000 steps a day will be a huge increase or be a big improvement in your life. This is especially true in the beginning when you feel like you want to give up. Evaluate how you feel after you reach your targeted walking goal.
If you struggled to meet your goal, brainstorm ways to reach it daily. Get creative! Take the stairs, park further away when you are shopping, and use your lunch breaks to get up and move around.
- Make it fun. Download audiobooks that you only listen to as you walk or start listening to podcasts. This is how I “trick” myself into walking more since the only time I can finish my current novel or catch up on my favorite podcast is by walking around the block with my smartphone!
Does 10,000 daily steps sound overwhelming? It should inspire you to live a healthy life. Feel better and get fit with these tips to reach your milestone!
This guest post was provided as a courtesy from the Bloggers Get Social group. We are a blog network, podcast, and community for content solutions. Join us today for creative content, accountability, and learn how to blog better.
You can get fit without the fancy exercise equipment or even joining a gym. Jump ropes are perfect if you can’t afford much, resistance bands are great and a simple chair is even better. I know a lot of people forget that even something better than a treadmill is a simple trail in your local community.
Jump roping is probably one of my favorite at home work outs. How elementary school right? Well that elementary fun, helped me lose my baby weight. I remember one night, I didn’t make it to the gym and jumped roped for an hour looked at my Fit Bit and I burned 900 calories!
I read somewhere that a simple jump rope is the best exercise equipment to own. I bought my jump rope from Walmart but today I found it cheaper at TJ MAX. The key to jump roping for cardio is to take few breaks in between. 10 second break between each set is ideal.
Instructions for the challenge:
Do 3 set each but when you get to 2 minutes do 2 sets
Between each set, take a 10 second break
Warm up properly, stress and I would recommend doing this inside in the AC.
Most importantly, have fun!
If you want to join in on the fun and receive an email everyday, a video or something fun! Join in! This starts July 5! Sign up
After I had my daughter the last thing I literally wanted to do was go to a gym. I had no motivation at first, I mean really who could when a newborn doesn’t sleep at all. Let’s just say she is 10 months old and we are now mastering “sleep” and sometimes we win and some nights fighting sleep wins.
I remember signing up for the gym the same week I got cleared from the doctor. I felt fat, ugly and knew I needed a change. I paid for a trainer twice in my life ad regretted it because it was a lot of money and I saw no results. I knew now paying for double the daycare and double the diapers, it wasn’t in our budget to get a trainer. It was up to me to take accountability and just like Nike “DO IT”! After doing the latest fad diets and trying everything, I finally found the secret. Here is how I won over my body fat!
- Increase your water intake: They say your suppose to drink half your body weight in water! So if your 150lbs, drink 75oz…… Simple right?! Not at all, at least for me. I couldn’t drink one bottle, I have always hated water. The only way I became an avid water drinker is gradually increase water. To be honest sometimes I get sick of water and then I add my favorite Crystal Light! Start small and increase until you can drink half of your water weight!
- Accountability: My accountability was my Fit Bit! It tracked how many steps I had taken a day and I loved to see everything in green. Also on Fit Bit, me and my friends would hold challenges…. This not only made it fun but it also made it feel like I wasn’t alone in the weight loss journey. You can also join Facebook groups. We have a group for Moms inspiring each other. Many times we get so caught up in taking care of our kids or taking care of everything else but we what we need to take care of…. OUR SELVES!
- Set small goals: If someone was to tell me that I would workout 5 days a week, I would have just laughed. This is coming from the lady that hated to workout! Start going to the and set goals to work out 2 days a week and then the next week workout 3 days a week. Start small and end big!
- Invest in yourself: You don’t have to join a gym. If its not in the budget or you just don’t have time workout at home! I have weights that I bought from Walmart and if I can’t make it to the gym I will do arm workouts. You can download apps that will show you what arm workouts to do! Also utilize the stairs in your house, we have stairs and I will lace up my sneakers and run up ad down. The video below is one of my workouts I will do if I can’t make the gym.
- Celebrate: Celebrate the small wins. Celebrate when you drink more than 3 bottles of water. Through this entire process I remember saying, whatever I am so sick of this and it took the fun out of losing weight! Make sure you celebrate the things you are accomplishing no matter how small it may seem.
Getting to the gym is the first challenge, the second challenge is learning how to do exercises like planks.
After having my baby I had one of my friends tell me do a plank and see how long you can hold it for? I thought, what is a plank…. I didn’t want to ask so I “faked it” until I was corrected. Who knew that this very exercise is what would help strengthen my core after having my baby! Naturally, being pregnant does something to your stomach muscles and after the baby you have to really work hard at getting those stomach muscles back! Some people are not sure even what a plank looks like or even how to do a plank!
How To Do A Proper Plank
- Place your hands directly under your shoulders. The position should feel like your going to do a push up.
- Bend your elbows and put your weight on your forearms (not your hands)
- Your body should be in a straight line
- Stuck your belly button into your spine
- You should get as low to the ground as you can
- Hold this position
If you stick with this challenge you will strengthen your core muscles!
If you want to join the 21 plank challenge it is never too late!
STARTING APRIL 7 OH CHIC MOM AND MY TEAM WILL START THE 21 DAY PLANK CHALLENGE! SEE HOW STRONG YOU ARE, SEE HOW YOU CAN PUSH YOURSELF BY TAKING ONE DAY AT A TIME. I WANT YOU TO ONLY FOCUS ON TAKING ONE DAY AT A TIME! YOU CAN DO THIS! JOIN ME!
APRIL 7 STARTS THE 21 DAY PLANK CHALLENGE! I WILL SEND YOU A DAILY EMAIL AND SOME MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES! LETS DO THIS!