Do you need a chicken kale salad? If you follow me, well then you know I rant and rave over the Chick Fil A — Kale Salad! After tasting that I never thought I would find something even remotely close that I would love. This chicken kale salad was sent by the goods because not only is it yummy but it is so healthy. I have made this for dinner and this is something that my husband has requested over and over. Tip: This is one of my go to meal prep meals and it last for a three days! It’s not expensive and really easy!
What you will need:
- 1 slice of low sprouted whole grain bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 ground black pepper
- 4 oz. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless (cut into strips)
- 1/4 tsp. ground chili powder
- 1 bunch kale (torn into large pieces) (6 oz)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Dijon Salad Dressing
- 1 Tsp finely chopped lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 450*F
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Combine bread, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; toss until wet blended. Place on prepared
Lemon Dijon Salad Dressing
What you will need:
- 1 large egg yolk, pasteurized
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Finely Chopped Lemon Peel
- 1/4 cup Extra- Virgin Olive Oil
- Place egg yolk, mustard, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a blender or (food processor); cover and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add oil, blending continuously until well blended.
“Fall in love with taking care of yourself. Mind, Body and Spirit”
Listen to your mind, body and soul. These words are so important to me. I listen to my body and thoughts. Does that sound a little nutty?! Probably! I am very into listening to whatever my inner voice is telling me. Last week I decided I needed a week break. I finally found out why my body was not healing, it was because I was not getting any rest. Life is hectic, life is busy and self inflicted pain is something that could be avoided. I needed a break from social media and blogging. How could I need a break from something I truly love? I love my kids but this weekend I am dropping them off at my parents house and this mama will have a break.
I created this blog because I wanted to first blog my journey on losing the baby weight but then I really got into fitness and my life has truly changed.
This mama gained 5lbs and it wasn’t in muscle. With everyone being sick including myself I skipped the gym, the home work outs and ate like there was no tomorrow. TODAY, starts my jump rope challenge! I am so excited and its similar to my plank challenge which was a big hit! I have cut out carbs for lunch and dinner and increasing my veggies with every meal! I fell back on the bandwagon of drinking soda, so that is completely out! I am human, I cry and I crave carbs (in that order)! The great thing about being in my position is I know what my body needs and how I can take care of my body. Disappointment is the word that has taken over. Not because I gained the weight, but because I got in a place in my life where I didn’t realize I needed a break but put myself into a downward spiral.
I am human, I am a mom and a blogger and this is my life. I love to be transparent because that’s why I am here!
TODAY, starts back to taking care of me and eating right again (since I just downed a bag of chips yesterday)! The positive is dinner is still really healthy, and I am so excited that my kids love to eat healthy at least I am doing that right! I am a mom of two, a wife, I struggle everyday like you with good decisions and bad decision but everyday is a learning lesson and thats what make life beautiful.
I love looking at these pictures, because this is a reminder on why I am doing this and these are a constant reminder on what my goal is.
If your like me well then you know time is priceless, cooking is annoying and bananas are a priority in our house! This Banana Chocolate bite recipe is perfect for everyone! Oh and its healthy! #winning
If you have bananas that are going bad and you need a good recipe to make, well this is perfect! I make these at least twice a month and really lived off of these every morning while I was losing weight. This has nothing but healthy things (chocolate is suppose to be “healthy”) and if I have a chocolate craving this usually will take care of it! My 3 year old even will ask for some so I tend to do big chunks of bananas for him in the bites!
What do you need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup almond butter (or peanut butter, or your favorite nut butter)
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- dash of cinnamon
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the rolled oats, almond butter, honey, miniature chocolate chips and cinnamon.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a 1-inch ball. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, allowing the oats enough time to soften.
- Store the energy bites in the refrigerator.
This is perfect for breakfast or after work out snack! Feel free to take out or add whatever you want to the recipe. I am interested to see what some of my readers would substitute what ingredient with! Let me know how much you love this recipe!