Wow! I cannot believe MAY is here! That means I am closer to having a 2 year old and closer to being another year in my fitness journey. The past couple of months have been crazy! I have took on a lot and had to balance everything and after all was said and done I went and took a vacation! After taking a few seconds to breathe and to reflect I decided to do what was best for my mental state of mind and focus on my goals.
With everything going on I put so much on the back burner. I do have to say I did keep on top of my nutrition for the most part. I say for the most part because I may have had too many Fries and I went back to drinking soda. Not good and not something that I am proud of but it’s a new month and I wont beat myself over what I did.
Have I gained weight?! Yes! Am I happy about it? No! Is it something I can lose?! Of course. I am still fitting in my pants but lets just say I am fitting! I am not ashamed to say this back fat has to go! These rolls have to go and get out of my life forever. So with that being said I have to SLAY MAY! If you know me– well then you know I am a goal person. I am also a paper and pen person and I like to write out every and anything.
- Start 21 Day Fix Challenge group! I have some goals to crush and some back fat that needs to disappear.
- This month I am finally starting a group that has been asked for in HIGH DEMAND and I will make a blog post soon about it!
- Write more. Yes I am back and better! I have so much in this brain of mine that wants to release and break free.
- Preparing my body for the Zumba Convention. I have been told I need to start preparing it like a marathon, so I am not dying of total pain the first day! (Did I note that I am documenting everything)!
- Getting another certification. (Cant tell you, but details are soon)!
I dont know about you but when Monday starts, its exciting because that means a fresh start. I am even more excited because the 1st of the month is on a Monday! What are your goals this month? The question is will you SLAY MAY?
Someone once told me plan your day the night before. The night before your the CEO and the morning your the employee. That stuck with me because I have to go to sleep knowing what is on my to-do list for the next day and if you know me, well then you know I am a planner type of girl!
I truly believe that the way you start your day off, will set the tone for the rest of your day and who wants to start off on the wrong foot?! After having 2 kids life especially my mornings had a lot of adjusting to get use to and I never really know how much craziness will consist with getting 3 of us out the door.
After incorporating these 5 things to my morning routine I have felt so much better and just knowing you can take on whatever the universe brings to you makes your day!
- Green Tea vs. Coffee- I love tea but I am a bigger coffee lover. When I know I need clarity for my day, I will often drink Green Tea. Green Tea makes you smarter so I have heard! Coffee wins on days when my 10 month old keeps me up at night.
- Meditate or Pray- I like to sit in total silence in the mornings. I love to gather all of my thoughts and all of my intentions. I usually have some pretty big goals to fulfill that day, so I meditate and pray to get proper guidance through my day!
- Early Rise- I am the last one in my house to go to bed, and the first one to wake up. Not because I have to but because I want to make my cup of tea or coffee and meditate before any rug-rats get up! I once read that super successful people get up at 4am, but I am not that type of person. I try to wake up at 5am and hope that no one will get up!
- Uplifting music- It’s a rule that we must have a dance party in the morning while getting up. This not only puts the kids in a better mood, but I love good music and it puts this mama in a better mood! Spotify has some amazing playlist to start your day off right!
5. To-Do List- I am a list, planner, list on the phone type of person. I believe a person can never have too many lists! Write of 5 things that is a priority to get done for the day and pick your 3 biggest goal you have to crush them and get it done!
I have implemented this in my life and have been in such a great mood! I can’t guaranteed that this will stop my kids from having 2 breakdowns before we leave the house but NAMASTE!
WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY IS NEVER ENDING……………
Not to get skinny but to get stronger. I remember there was a time when I first started this weight loss journey my ultimate goal was to get to 125 lbs. My goal was to fit into those jeans hiding in the back of my closet. After 2 kids in 3 years your body just doesn’t go back right to where it was. I remember saying to myself, I just want to be skinny again. I ate right, I worked out 5 times a week and I drank the amount of water I was suppose to. Pounds started to shed, my waist was smaller than a 28 and I was elated. I meal prepped every Sunday for the entire week and people started noticing how small I was getting. None of my work clothes fit and even my work out clothes got so big on me.
One day I was running on the treadmill and I looked around and noticed some women in my opinion that didn’t need to work out. That didn’t have any fat on their bodies and in my head I started thinking…..Why are they here? I mean it was motivation to see women take such pride in their health and bodies but really, running on the treadmill with the higher incline on! Now your just trying to make me look bad.
I remember the morning I stepped on the scale and I reached my goal weight! My first thoughts were I want wings & fries and then my thought was now that I hit my goal weight, whats next move for me? I want to feel stronger. Going to the gym and working out does not just make you feel stronger physically but it makes you feel stronger mentally. My goal is not just to maintain the weight I am now but to have more definition in my body. When I hit the gym, I leave all of my worries at the door and I put my game face on! I am learning that it doesn’t matter to much about what the scale says but more about how you feel about yourself. I continue to do this because one day I want some one to say to me, that I inspired their journey of a healthy life style.